The views below have been shared by Mr. Scott Rowswell of British Columbia, Canada. You can visit Mr. Scott’s LinkeIn Profile at this LINK
I think for the vast majority of users, the issues boil down to common sense:
- use only strong passwords and do not share them across different sites
- Be aware that every site you visit has the potential to track you and most do. Many of the most poplar surfing sites are the worst.
- Check regularly that you haven’t had trolls, malware, etc installed on your machine.
- Never enter personal data on any site that is not secure.
- never enter personal data onto “cloud” servers
- Never open emails received from locations you don’t recognize.
- be sure your ISP utilises tools that filter / manage known harmful sites
- Block or do not open links that are included in social media posts unless you are positive they are safe
View original post 281 more words